Sunday, July 17, 2011

DIY Hair Clips

When our family came up to visit for the 4th of July my sister (Rebecca) was wearing the cutest clip in her hair, and we thought why can't we make these ourselves?  I had all the flowers, ribbon, and embellishments we could possibly need. All we needed was the clips...which we found for about two bucks at Walmart (in the beading section).  So after a day out of shopping, we put the babies to bed and got busy making clips. Here's a few of our favorites...

  Our New Hair Clips!

 Becky's new clip!
  Bella, my niece, designed this one for herself.

 My new clip, I hand cut a few circles from tulle to add a little design to this clip.

Sofia's 4th of July clip.

To make these clips, we hot glued the ribbon completely around the metal clips. It adds a little something extra to the clip and keeps the clip from scratching your head. We used beads, buttons, crystals, and charms to embellish the flowers. Hot gluing all the pieces together and to the clip.

Happy Crafting!



1 comment:

  1. Megan, these are adorable! I love them. You and Alison should get together to make these, she loves to make clippies!

    ReplyDelete